An opinion on magazines

For those too lazy to work an action.
Tortuga
Site Admin

An opinion on magazines

Post by Tortuga » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:15 pm

With all the recent talk on what the military is and isn't using-as far as magazines go-I was wondering on others opinions on ar magazines. I seen the latest from the
U.S. armies Aberdeen report that out of all the commercial mags tested foxtrot (magpul) was the only one that passed 100%. With this report the U.S. Air Force have started using the m3 pmag. Also, in December the U.S. marines started approved pmags, but the army still hasn't and decided to design their own. So my question to all of you is what is your experience with commercial magazines? Myself I have used pmags since they have been available but going over to the ak I have sorta lost touch with what is "in" in the ar world.

Gizmo
Site Admin

Re: An opinion on magazines

Post by Gizmo » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:21 pm

I go back and forth between pmags and Okay Industries metal mags. I have tested quite a few and the pmag seems like the best quality polymer mag out there and the Okay Industries seems like the best metal mags I have tried. I will add one thing I love the MTM magazine cans that hold the mags upright in the container and you can also ad a few more mags in between or boxes of ammo. I have always said that I had rather have too many mags and come back with loaded ones still than get into a situation and wish I had more mags.